Sunday, April 26, 2009

I'm Beginning To Think We Are Rednecks!


While I have never thought of myself as a redneck. Not only do I have a freezer and my dryer on my back porch, I also have my husband make my baby mobiles out of a broken lamp, a hanger and yarn!! I guess this is a little less redneck than the previous mobile that Tyler created. Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of my parents ceiling fan with ties, shirts, my brothers wrestling singlet and almost any other article of clothing you can think of hanging from each blade. Redneck or not, Aiden doesn't seem to mind. He stares at the thing for hours! Tyler has a talent for making anything out of nothing! I was ready to buy one, but Tyler informed me that he could make one. He has a habit of this, whenever I say that I want to buy a cute shelf or any crafty thing he always remarks on the price, "Are you kidding me, I could make that for less than ....." Sure enough he always pulls through! Am I lucky or what!?! If I weren't such a tight wad I might fight him on the matter. Some day I will be a millionaire and just let loose.

6 comments:

  1. LOL Kaydee I love it! You two are seriously some of our favorites! I'm pretty sure Jed does the same thing to me too..... normally I roll my eyes and sometimes win. :O) It's good to have hubbies who are thrifty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't even know you guys had a blog, Yah that I found it!!! Your post cracks me up, it must be in the genes, because I'm usually the one saying don't you think you could make this out of ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey girl! oh my heavens that is so hilarious and so creative of you guys to come up with "non-redneck products" for baby ha. you had me rollin! and Aiden is darling sooooo cute! i love them dimples. Levi says the same thing as tyler after he sees the price of anything i want for the house "are you kidding me? i can make that for free!" oh brother its too funny. you have a beautimus family :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. KayDee I'm so glad you have a blog! I just talked to your mom and she told me. I told her she needs to make one! =) men will be men, good things Tyler pulls through, better keep him i guess ;) love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way cute! That is so funny. My Tyler does the same thing to me sometimes. I think its awesome! Aiden is getting so big and is so cute! What a cute family you guys are.

    ReplyDelete