Thursday, August 5, 2010

New Kitchen!

Read this post backwards!
After:


Before: This is the best I could find. This was a wall with a big china cabinet in it. We took out the wall and put in an archway, opening it to the dining room/living room.

There is a reason that I have been MIA for a few months. We have been very busy with a kitchen remodel. When I say we, I mostly mean Tyler. This reno began back in May and I can finally see the end. My brother redid the electrical-such a relief to have that done and feel like I have a safe house. Thanks Laramie, I owe you. My brother in law redid some of the plumbing. Thanks Roger! And my amazingly talented husband did the rest, all while still working 12-14 hour days, 6 days a week. Thanks Tyler for putting up with my nagging and for creating a perfect kitchen, you are the best! So it is not quite finished, I don't have a oven and a window is missing moulding and I want to cover the ugly pine by the door with beadboard, but I am finally ready to show it off. So with much blood sweat and tears (the tears being one of my only contributions) here is my beautiful kitchen. Please excuse the messy kitchen in the pictures, it is extremely clean in comparison to what it has looked like in the past. More pictures to come when painting, backsplash and everything else is finished!






4 comments:

  1. Kaydee! That looks SO great! Wow! It sure beats Aggie Village huh? haha no really I LOVE it all! I really love the handles you picked out and all of it really! I hope you are doing well. We sure miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kayd its BEAUTIFUL!! Such a change, I love it! And I love your cabinets i think i would've done white in mine but it wasn't an option. they're so pretty! Can't wait to see you guys. love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so fun! I love it. It was so fun to see you guys in July. I sure love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The kitchen looks fantastic! You guys want to come to Oregon and do a makeover on ours? It could use it. :)

    ReplyDelete