Saturday, July 30, 2011

What we've been up to

You have probably been wondering if we are still alive. Well we are alive and well. We have had a busy summer of projects and playing. Here is our latest project.... This is our master bedroom, well half of it. It is an enormous room. It was originally two bedrooms, but the previous owner knocked down a wall. I need a bedroom for Shelby, so we are putting it back up. That sounds like a really easy job, right? I thought it would take a week or two. I failed to recognize all the work that needed to be done. The paneling needs to be taken off and the drop ceiling needs taken down. Of course there has to be plaster behind all of that so that needs to be taken out and then we can dry wall and put a wall up. I guess now I know why it has taken me a year to convince Tyler it was time to tackle this project.



Here is our ongoing project...The Yard. We started this in the spring. I know it still looks kinda messy but believe me it is an improvement of last year. We put in a new sprinkler system and took out a lot of grass to make lots of flower beds. I know it is hard to see but I am hopeful next year they will be packed with flowers.





Here is the other project that has swallowed a lot of my time, but is one of my most proud. My Garden. When I put the seeds in the ground I was not expecting anything to come up, but boy was I wrong. I have a garden people! I actually did it. Try not to notice the dead grass at the bottom of the picture (that's next years project, tyler just doesn't know it yet!) I have tomatoes growing on the vine. I have already picked a bowl full of peas, and a bucket full of summer squash (my favorite!). I also have carrots, beans, corn and pumkins. I also planted some cabbage, but got some pretty flowers instead (I swear that is what the package said, CABBAGE, oh well). Having a garden is a lot of work. Lots of weeding and watering and feeding, but I am so excited. The food really does taste better when you grow it yourself!




Shelby is starting to walk. She is such a funny little girl. She is just discovering that she likes to be the center of attention. She is quite the entertainer. She is lots of fun and I can't believe it has been almost a year since she graced us with her presence!





And then there is this wild man. He still loves his dad and counts down the hours til he comes home. He loves his sister and loves having a playmate. I have learned that I can't leave him alone for longer then a few minutes. I was having a primary meeting at my house a few weeks ago and noticed that he was nowhere to be seen. So I excused myself for a few minutes and ran to my bathroom to find him with a sharpie in one hand and my mascara in another hand. It was everywhere, floor, walls, cabinets, mirror, door, shower. I manged to clean most of it off. I thought of taking a picture, but honestly I don't want to remember it. Markers are off limits now.




In June we made a trip to Wyoming for Tyler's class reunion. We had such a fun time. We went to the parade and fireworks. Tyler's parents own a few greenhouses. I was in heaven. They were so sweet to send me home with anything I could fit in my car. I am also super excited about the peonies they dug out of their yard for me. I can't wait til next year so I can see them. I am just praying they come up. I also got a clematis I am so excited about to go over the little trellis/arbor they also gave me. It was fun to see Tylers family, we don't get to see them enough. We keep hoping that one day we will acquire a jet or something to make traveling much easier.



Tyler is staying busy with the cows and our house. He is a goof ball and always keeps us laughing. He is such a good dad and husband. He laughs at all my ideas. The funny thing is, he doesn't even know half of the stuff I want to do to this house. It will be pretty tricky getting him on board.

I ran a 5K a few weeks ago. My friend Annie convinced me I should do it with her. I trained for a few weeks with her and told myself I would just take it nice and easy. Being the competitive idiot I am, I totally killed myself. I don't know what is wrong with me, but I couldn't handle people passing me. I finished in 2nd place in my division with a time of 25.54 I am definitely feeling the pain this week. I can barely walk, let alone run. My kness are killing me, and my ankle swells whenever I run. I am such a dummy. What was I thinking....Not running for nearly 3 years and then running as hard as I could for 3 miles! I thought my competitiveness had died with my college days. Apparently I was wrong.

4 comments:

  1. It was very nice to see what's going on with you guys! We still miss you guys! Aiden and Shelby are WAY too big! What's up with them growing up so fast!? Your garden looks great! We were thoughtless and even though it was on our list have must-haves, we can't have one in our yard. We have way too much shade. Oh well. I'm glad you are keeping Tyler busy! lol Jed is a busy man too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we need to live together i've got lots of projects in mind and Randan just laughs at me I need someone to do them with! ha ha! :) your yard looks great Kayd! fun to read your posts ya gotta do it more often now that we're in Cali!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your house and garden look fantastic! Man, it's hard to get these husband's on board with projects. I have a few of my own that I just need Mike to work on, but he doesn't know it yet. Your kids are looking so big and adorable! It looks like you're having lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want a jet too! I always wish I could just say where I want to be and be there. That would seriously be the coolest super power ever. I am also very impressed with your garden- good work Kaydee. And I'm happy About your peonies and clematis because my mom has those and LOVES them so much. I want a real yard. Thank you for your comment on my last post, I wish we were neighbors and could play more. Oh and good work on the fun run, I was jealous you could run so fast, I am still competitive too, but just can't perform. Oh and your family is so cute! I, too, can't believe Shelby is almost one.

    ReplyDelete